A Touch of Gold : Hot Foil Wedding Invitations

Gold dot hot foil wedding invitation design by Bevolee

I have taken the plunge into designing wedding stationery! 

I would like to thank my sister, Michelle, and her husband-to-be, Frank, for giving me the opportunity to design their wedding invitations for their big day. They requested the design to be minimalistic and classy, as well as a touch of gold.

The main invite features hot foiled dots on thick Colorplan Bright White stock. The dots give a slight debossed effect that adds texture to the invites, which makes it ooze with quality and luxury. The other sections of the invite (excluding the RSVP) were printed on Conqueror High White, which is a much smoother and lighter stock. Both the paper stock used are not bright or a cold white, but best described as ivory white.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first attempt at creating wedding stationery and the feedback has been amazing, not to mention the squeals of excitement down the phone when my sister received them (took a week for my eardrums to recover)! The only way is onwards and upwards, as I hope to engage myself in conjuring even more designs for the big day of many happy couples in the future.

Now that I feel like I can ace minimal and classy... I fancy creating one a bit far out and quirky!!